Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spring Break



Boy have spring breaks changed for me over the years!  10 years ago I was romping around Panama City, staying out late, and well... falling for a really cute southern boy!   Fast forward to Spring Break 2011 and I found myself with no big plans.  With cold and horizontal rain outside and gusts of wind reaching over 50 MPH, I planted myself firmly on the couch.  My spring break itinerary included watching the Cooking Channel, surfing the internet & catching up on the massively large piles of food, fashion, fitness, and girly magazines that had been neglected since I started baking and pastry school.

This is only a portion of my
monthly magazine subscriptions.

Although I don't have any culinary adventures to tell, I decided to share some things that I'd like to try, thought were cute or simply inspired me:

Here are some examples of women turning food passions into careers.  

I know pimento cheese sandwiches are a southern favorite.  I personally don't think they sound appetizing; however,  add it to mac n cheese....and I do believe I'll give it a try!

Just the pie recipe I was looking for: Kurtis' Favorite!  
Can't wait until he comes home & I can test it out on him!

8 Foods for your brain & body:  Yes, Chocolate is one of them!  

I've heard of Sponge Bob Square pants...but square eggs?

Now that's an iconic & fashionable cupcake

The color of the sky was so beautiful last night...it looked like God painted it.

Has your fruit ever hit on you?  Mine has :0)  



Hope you all had a wonderful spring break!    




1 comment:

  1. Love the new header on the page! So cute!!!! The period being batter is awesome!

    ReplyDelete