Monday, September 19, 2011

Packing for Holland


With just four more days of school remaining, I have started to make a list of items that I will undoubtedly need during my externship.  So far, this is what I've got:  uniforms, European plug adapter, guide book, Macbook and of course my camera (if I can ever figure out where I put that thing).  Trying to pack for three months is proving to be a daunting task.   As I was packing I came across the following question in the book, Ever Wonder: ask questions & live by the answers: 




 "What do you pack to pursue a dream and what do you leave behind?" 


I found the question quite appropriate for this moment in my life.  With only being able to travel with two pieces of luggage I knew that I had to be mindful of what I packed. As I pondered how I would answer the question,  I realized that I  honestly had no intentions of packing "fear" into my suitcase.  The fear of failure, the fear of mistakes, the fear of the unknown...none of those fears are coming along on this trip.   Besides, there is no room in my suitcase for them.  

Instead, I have decided to bring along a lot of optimism, perseverance, confidence, just a tad bit of risk, and most certainly the vision of living my dream.  

So I'm curious to know, what do you pack to pursue a dream?   

No comments:

Post a Comment